iCloud users automatically get the storage of 5 GB whenever they sign up for iCloud. 5 GB of free storage includes storage for Documents, Backup and Mail. Your saved apps, books, movies, TV shows, music and photo streams do not fall under this free storage. 5 GB is totally free, but seems like majority of iClouds users need more space than that. Check out iCloud storage cost list if you want. The iCloud storage upgrade cost differs from country to country.
Users can upgrade to a larger 10 GB, 20 GB or 50 GB storage plan from any of your iOS device. You can replace your plan of 10 GB with more space and you can even downgrade your 20 GB storage space with 10 GB. Whenever you upgrade or downgrade your iCloud storage plan, your existing plan will be cancelled and you will be charged for your new plan. After you upgrade your plan, your new plan is applied to your Apple account. 30-days before every annual payment, you will be notified via email.
How To Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan
iOS 5 or Above:
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Go to iCloud and tap Storage & Backup under it.
- Tap “Buy More Storage”.
- Choose and upgrade, then tap Buy.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password for verification.
- Select Apple Menu>System Preferences.
- Then click on iCloud.
- Click ‘Manage’ on the rightmost bottom corner.
- Click on ‘Change Storage Plan’ in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Upgrade, then hit the Next button.
- Now all you have to do is enter your Apple ID & Password.
- First launch iCloud Control Panel.
- Choose ‘Manage’.
- After than click Change Storage Plan.
- Click on Upgrade. After that, hit the Next button.
- Type in your Apple ID and Password, then click on Buy.
These are the steps you can follow in order to buy extra iCloud storage using your Apple device. Process for buying space is different in iOS, OS X and Windows OS. Downgrading storage plan is simple. Just click on Downgrade instead of upgrade and choose accordingly. You can view your iCloud account information online from anytime you want. Account details for e.g. billing address, credit card number can be changed as per your need.
View Account Details
iOS 5 or Above:
- Tap Settings>iCloud>Account>Payment Information.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password. Follow the instructions for further process.
- Go to Apple Menu. Then go to ‘System Preferences’ under that. Click on iCloud.
- Click Manage link from the bottom of the page.
- Click on ‘View Account’ in the leftmost bottom corner.
- Enter your Apple login details. Hit View Account. Follow the instructions given.
Now you know how to view your account details in iOS and OS X platforms. For more details and information, go to Help & Support section of Apple/iCloud. You can refer to other articles from this very site too.