With electronic devices, especially mobile devices, mishaps are quite common. Sometimes your data gets lost by accident, your phone breaks down or the software crashes badly, or your mobile device gets lost. Retrieving deleted text messages from your iPhone can be difficult, but it is possible. This article will be focused on recovery of deleted text messages from your iOS devices from your iCloud text message backup.
If you have a previous backup saved with the iCloud, which will contain your iCloud text messages, you can use that to restore your data. Otherwise, you’ll need to use a third party program and restore the deleted messages from your iPhone to your computer.
For restoring iCloud text messages with backup saved in iCloud :
- First, erase all the contents of your iPhone.
To do this, go to ‘Settings’ menu and select ‘General’ option. Then, choose ‘Reset’ and ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ after that.
Make sure you copy of separately backup the content on your iPhone. Any data saved on your iPhone will be lost when you do this.
- After erasing, the phone will prompt either to set it up as a new phone or to restore it from a previous backup. Select ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ option.
Enter your Apple ID and Password when prompted to begin the restoration process.
- Then, allow the iCloud backup contents to download onto your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will restart itself and all the settings, accounts and contents backuped in iCloud including your iCloud text messages will be restored.
- Connect your iPhone to a power source while the data is being restored.
- You might need to enter your Apple ID and Password while account are re-enabled.
- To check if the restore is complete, go to ‘Settings’ and tap ‘iCloud’. Then, select ‘Storage and Backup’ to confirm.
Remember that there are ways to retrieve deleted text messages of iCloud. There are applications like iPhone backup extractor for this if the above steps do not work as expected. As an alternative method, iCloud users can even restore texts from iTunes backup.