Apple’s new iOS 8.3 has cool new features unlike any other operating system but for that you’ll need to upgrade your device. This article will make you familiar with the features of new iOS 8.3 and way to upgrade your iOS.
Features of new iOS 8.3
- You no longer require entering your password to download free stuffs. You can modify this setting under iTunes & App Stores section from your device’s settings menu.
- CarPlay can be used from your device without plugging your device to your car.
- You can ask Siri to make speakerphone calls in new iOS 8.3.
- You can filter your Messages from the people in your contact list and those from unknown senders.
- You can also report messages from unknown senders to spam.
Now that you know these interesting features of new iOS 8.3, if you want to update your device’s operating system, go through the simple process below:
- First thing you need to do is to check whether your device is compatible for iOS 8.3. iOS 8.3 is compatible with new versions of Apple devices.
- In order to ensure your information on your device remains safe even after your iOS upgrade, you can back up your data either on your computer or iCloud.
- If you don’t have enough space on your iCloud storage, you can transfer your information to your computer and delete them to clear up space.
- To prevent damage to your device while updating your iOS, connect your device to charger.
- If the update is available to download for your device, notification will be sent to your device, otherwise open the “Settings” and tap “General” option and choose “Software Update”. However, only if the download is available, you will see “Download and Install” icon under “Software Update” section on which you’ll need to click to begin updating.
- After you’ve completed downloading and installing, touch “Slide to set up” on your device.
- Now, follow the instructions accordingly to set up your device properly.
Make sure you have a working WiFi for upgrading your Apple device to iOS 8.3 because it will take a quite a bit of time.