Usually the users need to use Apple ID and Password to login into the iCloud. However, some users chooses the two factors authentication to login into their account for the security purpose. It means by using this feature, you cannot login into your account by using your password only. You will need to enter the various codes that will be provided in your device during the login process.
It is very easy to set up iCloud two step authentication. The following steps will help to set up set up two factor authentication.
- Log in to your iCloud account through the official login page of iCloud i.e. www.icloud.com.
- Click on Account settings.
- Now, the newly opened page is known as My Apple ID page. Click on “Manage Your Apple ID”. Login to your account once again to proceed.
- Open “Password and Security”. Answer the asked security questions. Click on “Continue” button.
- Now click on “Get Started” button.
- Now, you will need to provide the phone number where you will be messaged your verification code. Verify your phone number.
- Check the messages in your phone which phone number you provide to icloud. You will get the message from iCloud in your phone.
- Now, return to your web browser and enter the code in the asked box.
- Go to “Find My iPhone” and verify the registered devices in your iCloud account. Select the device and then click on “Verify” link.
- The verification code will be sent to you and continue the above procedure once again and enter the code.
- After clicking on “Continue” button, you will be provided with a verification key. You can use it to access your account by using the phone you have not registered in the above steps. Re-enter the verification code.
- Tick on a check box that provides you information about the effects of two way authentication steps.
- And at last, click on “Enable Two-steps Verification button”.
- Click on “Done” to finish the icloud two step verification.
Why should you use iCloud two step authentication ?
Your Apple ID is the key to many things you do with Apple. It’s important that only you have the ability to access your account details, update your password, or make iTunes and App Store purchases with your account. Two-step verification is a feature you can use to keep your Apple ID and personal information as secure as possible. The importance of iCloud Two Step Authentication Factor is that it will make identity theft and cracking more difficult than before.
For your information, iCloud two step authentication is available in 50 nations including India.