File sharing is easily done when you sync your iOS devices with iCloud especially when they are purchases made on your iTunes or your App Store. You can sync your iPhone and iPad to your iCloud account to share the data among all of your iOS devices efficiently. You can also sync your photos to the iCloud photo stream and with that you can access those iCloud photos you have uploaded on your Desktop too.
How to Access iCloud Photos from your PC:
- When you have opened your web browser, please enter this link: www.icloud.com/icloudcontrolpanel. This will direct to another site where you can download the iCloud Control Panel to use on iCloud.com. This iCloud Control Panel will enable you to control and edit your iCloud photos on your desktop.
- In order to download, you would have to click on the blue “Download” button and wait to finish the downloading process.
- To start the installation, click the .exe (executable file) of the downloaded file. You can find the downloaded file at the bottom of your browser or in your Default Download file folder on your Desktop.
- After the installation has finished, you can find the program’s shortcut icon on your desktop or the Start Menu of your desktop.
- Launch iCloud by just clicking on its icon in the Start menu or on your desktop.
- You will have to enter your Apple ID in the given field.
- Enter your associated password in the password input field.
- Then, open iTunes.
- To check for iCloud photos, click on the My computer in your Start menu.
- You will now be able to see that a new category has been added in the My Computer menu ie; the ‘Others’ category which will now have the iCloud Photos menu.
- Finally, click on this Others category to access your iCloud photos on your PC.
Also with the newly released iCloud Drive, you can be assured that the sharing of your photos and videos with people is real easy. These people then can view the photos and videos that you have shared on iCloud easily. For this, you would need to create a shared album and your friends and family and they can also be invited to add their photos and videos. Then, all those photos and videos can be stored to the iCloud on your Desktop or www.icloud.com. The photos and videos contents will be available on all platforms and you can access them from any Apple device you are using and on iCloud.com and you can read about the functionality of the iCloud Photo Library HERE.
Using iCloud photo library, you can keep your photos and videos organized into across all your iOS devices and even on the web. All your photos would be automatically uploaded in the cloud storage of your iCloud account and every change you make to your photos are uploaded to iCloud and will be made visible on all other iOS devices.
With the release of iOS 8.1 Firmware version, the iCloud Photo Library was one of Apple’s major feature that was showcased. You can access all of your synced photos and videos to iCloud on all your iOS devices. The new feature has now removed the 30 days or 1,000 photos for your online photo storage on iCloud.com. You can also create a shared album which you can invite your family and friends to add pictures and videos.
Features of the iCloud Photo Library:
- When you upgrade to iCloud Photo Library, all of your photos will get stored online and not in albums. Videos will be in separate folders and Favourites will display your favourite photos and videos on the iCloud.
- The iCloud Library supports the following file formats for your photos and videos and they are – .jpeg, .png, .raw, .gif, .tiff and .mp4.
- If you happen to accidentally delete your picture, you can restore your picture within 30 days of deletion by contacting Apple Support. Specify your reason which is deleting your image accidentally and you will receive the Help you need.
- Please take note that your device has iOS 8.1 or higher to enable the use of iCloud Library.
- To be fully warned, iCloud Photo library is still in its beta version.
How To Enable or Use iCloud Photo Library in Various Devices?
- For your iOS device, go to your Settings > iCloud > Photos & Camera. In Photos & Camera, tap to toggle on iCloud Photo Library. Note that a Toggle On indication will be the toggle switch turning green.
- On www.iCloud.com on your PC or Mac, sign into your ICloud account by typing in your email address and password of your iCloud Login. Click on iCloud Photo Library to access ‘All Photos’ of your synced photos and videos.
- Apparently, Apple hasn’t launched the application for your Windows or Mac and it will only be launched in the later half of the year.
- You can upload your photos and videos manually by going to iCloud.com followed by upload on the top, select the photo you wish to upload and click on OK. To simply prevent your photos to sync on other iOS devices click on Settings > iCloud > Photos and disable the Upload to My Photo Stream option on your specified iOS devices.
When used My Photo Stream, if taken photo from one device, it appears on all of your other devices automatically that photos you would be able to share with your family, friends and colleagues.
For using iCloud Photo Stream, you would be needing an iCloud account and devices that are compatible along with an up-to-date software.
- IPhone, iPad or iPod touch is required with iOS 5.1 or later.
- Mac with OS X Lion with v10.7.5 or later is essential for using in it Mac.
- PC that has Window 7 installed or other later updated version is must.
Easy steps to turn on My iCloud Photo Stream:
- For turning on My Photo Stream on iPhone simply go to setting and icloud and you see photos there, then turn on My Photos stream.
- For Mac, you go to system properties > iCloud then there you find a check box which should be checked for photos.
- For using it on PC, open iCloud control panel on windows and select a check box that shows photos. Make sure you click Apply when you are done verifying check-box is enabled for My Photo Stream.
You don’t have to worry about whether My Photo Stream uses storage on iCloud or not? It doesn’t for sure and it supports photo formats like JPEG, PNG, and TIFF and mostly it accepts RAW photo formats. Note that, My Photo stream does not work with video.
As soon as you enable My Photo Streaming and sharing on your devices, all new photo that you take and import through other devices would be uploaded automatically but you should have your devices connected with Wi-Fi, Ethernet Connection. And the photo you upload to My Photo Stream are stored in iCloud for 30 days with plenty of time to connect or download them manually.
Deleting photos from iCloud Photos is same way as you delete other photos from your Mac or other iOS devices. You just have to select the photos you want to remove and simply tap on the trash or click delete. On PC it is even more than simple, you just have to select the photo you want to delete, right click it and then select delete. As soon as you delete photo from one of your device, iCloud will also delete it from in less than a second from My Photo Stream album. ICloud automatically upload all your photos to My Photo Stream album which is created on your computers or iOs devices and manages them accordingly so that you won’t run out of space.
If you don’t like using My Photo Stream and desire to turn it off on an iOs device then all the images in My Photo Stream are deleted or removed but images that are stored in My Photo Stream on your other devices are not affected at all. Any images you add to My Photo Stream are saved on icloud server for about 30 days from the date you added itself. If you are using same ‘Apple ID’ those all photo are automatically downloaded to the device you are using. Better save any photos you would don’t like to lose before turning off My Photo Stream. iCloud Photo Streaming and Sharing is best known for iCloud photo backup.