ICloud is a place where you have 5GB space as cloud storage for free on one login. You can store photos, videos, files, etc in your iCloud. It is cloud storage service provided by Apple. You can sync and store photos , You can delete photos from there and also you can download to another device. To make the download easy, there is sync method where you will be able to download all.
To delete or download or sync photos from iCloud to your device, first you need to login. To login, you need to follow these steps:
- You want to open your laptop browser and look for iCloud login on google. Or you may immediately go to this https://www.icloud.com/#photos link and open home page of iCloud login.
- To login you need to enter you username or your email and password. There you need to enter your Apple ID in the first blank and in second, you need to enter your password respectively. There after filling, you need to enter.
- After you sign in you will open your photos page of iCloud directly. Or if login through https://www.icloud.com/ link then you will sign in to your home page and you need to browse from there to open your mail page.
After you login, to download the photos from the iCloud drive, you need to follow these steps:
- You follow and sign in through the first link then you will directly open to the Photos page of iCloud. Or if you sign in through the second link, you will open the home page and there you need to enter to the Photos page by clicking on the photos icon.
- In the photos tab, you need to select the particular photo to be downloaded. You need to click on particular photo to select it. After selection you will find download button in top right navigation bar next to delete icon. You can download single photo at a time and also group of photos.
- You will need to search the area where the photos has downloaded. Basically, the downloaded item will be in download folder.
To delete the photos form the iCloud, you need to follow these steps:
- Same as the downloading but when after finish selecting, you need to click on Bin icon beside the download icon on the navigation bar.
- The recently deleted photos can be seen on the “Recently Deleted” tab on left side of the page. It takes 40 days to remove a deleted photo to be permanently remove.
- If you accidentally deleted the photo you need, then you can restore it back
To sync photos, you need to follow these steps:
- Here you will get “Stream” as Sync. By the help of stream, you will no need to waste time on uploading photos. It helps you in uploading time update whenever you get new photos on your device.
- You need to go to options and turn on your “My Photo Stream” on the options from the app in your Apple device i.e. iPhone, iPad or Mac. it is not possible from the browser website. Then after turning on, you need to click on apply.
- This will help you stream all your iCloud photos to all your Apple devices at once. That means you do not need to transfer photos manually. Cloud system will do their thing and all the iCloud connected devices will be synced with the photos.
- After that you need to remember to sign out before leaving.
iCloud is a cloud storage system developed for iOS users. It is available for Apple products like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. iCloud lets you store a lot of file varieties. You can find that you can activate the same Apple ID across many devices. This way you sync contacts, calendar, messages, etc through iCloud. The iCloud Photo Library is also a very recent feature. It allows you to store pictures. Then, through iCloud Photo sharing, you can share those pictures with others as well. You will then to set it up first. You can also use Apple TV (4th Generation) for this feature.
What to Do Before Using iCloud Photo Sharing?
- Make sure you have the iOS 8 version & later on your Apple devices; iPhone, iPad & iPad Touch. Also, update your Mac to the latest OS. And that your Apple TV has the latest tvOS.
- Make sure the iCloud feature is On for all devices.
- Also, you should be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- Make sure your Windows PC is running Windows 7 & above. This is for Windows users who use the iCloud Desktop application.
Now that you have made sure you are all set to use this feature. You need to turn On this feature. Below, we will list how to turn it On on all available platforms.
- For Apple Devices like iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch: Go into the Settings App. Then, tap on iCloud and then Photos. Toggle the iCloud Photo Sharing On there,
- For Apple TV, go to Settings, then go to iCloud. Turn the iCloud Photo Sharing feature On.
- Mac users should go to the Apple Menu, then click on System Preferences. Go into iCloud, then into Photos and turn the Photo Sharing option On.
- On Windows, launch the iCloud desktop application, click on Photos. The Options box will be revealed. Click on it to reveal the Photo Options. Now, tick next to iCloud Photo Sharing text.
Now that it is set up, you can start using it. It is amazing what you can do with this feature. On shared albums, people will also be able to comment or add their photos. You can then also save those photos added by your friends.
How to Use iCloud Photo Sharing ?
- You can create a new Album to share.
- Go to the Photos app.
- Tap and go to the Photo Stream tab. Tap on the + icon.
- Type in a name for that album.
- Then, select the people you wish to invite to see this album from your Contacts list.
- Tap on Create after the above steps.
- You can invite anyone you want to. Even users not using iCloud can view your shared Albums.
- Open up the Shared Album you have just created.
- Go to the People Tab on your Apple device. On your Mac, click the People icon.
- There is a Public Website option. Toggle it On.
- Then, you can share that link with everyone else.
- You can also add your own photos and videos.
- From your photos app, select the photos and videos you want to share.
- Next, tap on . And to iCloud Photo Sharing.
- Then, select the Album you wish to add those files into.
- You can comment and Like those photos.
- Anyone can comment and Like those photos.
- You will get notifications if they do.
- You can also reply back to comments as well.
- Save photos and videos that were added by your friends.
- This way you can keep those files shared by your friends.
- You can also only saved Videos on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Apple device users tap on , then on Save Image.
- On your PC, select those pictures or videos. Next, Control + click. Then, click on Import.
- You can also delete from the shared albums.
- This is only in the case where you do not like any of those comments and pictures and videos added.
- Or subscribers can delete themselves. If they are the ones to add them.
- Remember that these will be deleted permanently from the album.
- So make sure to download them before deleting.
- You can also remove subscribers from your albums.
- Open that shared album.
- Tap on the People tab.
- Next, select the Subscriber(s) you want to remove.
- Tap the Remove Subscriber option then.
- You can also delete that shared album.
- Open the shared album.
- Then, tap and go to the People tab.
- Select the Delete Shared Album.
You can upload pictures of the jpeg, raw, png, gif, tiff formats. Panoramic pictures can be up to 5400 pixels wide. Videos can be of mp4, QuickTime video file formats, H.264 and mpeg-4 formats. You can also upload special iPhone videos like slo-mo, time-lapse and 4K videos. This albums will not be counted against your iCloud storage capacity.
File sharing is easily done when you sync your iOS devices with iCloud especially when they are purchases made on your iTunes or your App Store. You can sync your iPhone and iPad to your iCloud account to share the data among all of your iOS devices efficiently. You can also sync your photos to the iCloud photo stream and with that you can access those iCloud photos you have uploaded on your Desktop too.
How to Access iCloud Photos from your PC:
- When you have opened your web browser, please enter this link: www.icloud.com/icloudcontrolpanel. This will direct to another site where you can download the iCloud Control Panel to use on iCloud.com. This iCloud Control Panel will enable you to control and edit your iCloud photos on your desktop.
- In order to download, you would have to click on the blue “Download” button and wait to finish the downloading process.
- To start the installation, click the .exe (executable file) of the downloaded file. You can find the downloaded file at the bottom of your browser or in your Default Download file folder on your Desktop.
- After the installation has finished, you can find the program’s shortcut icon on your desktop or the Start Menu of your desktop.
- Launch iCloud by just clicking on its icon in the Start menu or on your desktop.
- You will have to enter your Apple ID in the given field.
- Enter your associated password in the password input field.
- Then, open iTunes.
- To check for iCloud photos, click on the My computer in your Start menu.
- You will now be able to see that a new category has been added in the My Computer menu ie; the ‘Others’ category which will now have the iCloud Photos menu.
- Finally, click on this Others category to access your iCloud photos on your PC.
Also with the newly released iCloud Drive, you can be assured that the sharing of your photos and videos with people is real easy. These people then can view the photos and videos that you have shared on iCloud easily. For this, you would need to create a shared album and your friends and family and they can also be invited to add their photos and videos. Then, all those photos and videos can be stored to the iCloud on your Desktop or www.icloud.com. The photos and videos contents will be available on all platforms and you can access them from any Apple device you are using and on iCloud.com and you can read about the functionality of the iCloud Photo Library HERE.
Using iCloud photo library, you can keep your photos and videos organized into across all your iOS devices and even on the web. All your photos would be automatically uploaded in the cloud storage of your iCloud account and every change you make to your photos are uploaded to iCloud and will be made visible on all other iOS devices.