By now, if you have upgraded to the latest Firmware Version iOS 8 and above on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, you will be prompted to upgrade to the iCloud Drive. By upgrading to the iCloud Drive, you will no longer be restricted to the file types of your music, movies, bookmarks and photos. With iCloud Drive, you can access and sync all of Apple’s range of iWork from any of your synced devices with iCloud Drive.
iCloud Drive Storage Offered by Apple (Things You Have to Know):
- When you signed up for an Apple ID, you will definitely be given free storage on the iCloud Drive Storage of up to 5 GB.
- Note that upgrading to iCloud Drive is easy and you can use your existing Apple ID and it won’t be necessary for you to create a new Apple ID.
- However, if you are new user, you can easily create a new Apple ID to use with your the iCloud Drive.
- When you are prompted to upgrade to iCloud Drive when you upgrade to iOS 8, and you decline, here is how you can upgrade to iCloud Drive manually.
- On your Apple device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch), go to Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive.
- Then, toggle ‘On’ the switch for iCloud Drive. When it is green, it is an indication that the switch has been toggled ‘On’.
- You can then start using the iCloud Drive Storage which will offer 5 GB of iCloud Drive Storage and it will automatically save your files for you when you sync all your devices.
- However, depending on the usage of iCloud Drive Storage, sometimes the free 5 GB offered by Apple may not be sufficient. There are four other storage plans that Apple offers at a price for using the type of iCloud Drive storage.
If somehow you decided that you want to choose and change your storage plan for your iCloud Drive, simply on your phone go to Settings>iCloud>Storage>Change iCloud Storage Plan. Below is the prices of the different plans offered by Apple for your storage on iCloud Drive.
iCloud Drive Pricing for the amount of iCloud Drive Storage Plan:
- For your 5 GB iCloud drive storage plan, the iCloud drive pricing is absolutely free.
- For your 20GB iCloud Drive storage plan. the iCloud drive pricing is $0.99 per month.
- For your 200GB iCloud Drive storage plan. the iCloud drive pricing is $3.99 per month.
- For your 500GB iCloud Drive storage plan. the iCloud drive pricing is $9.99 per month.
- For your 1TB iCloud Drive storage plan. the iCloud drive pricing is $19.99 per month.
Remember that you can change your iCloud drive storage plan any time you want and that they will all be charged to your billing address that you provided when you first signed up for an Apple ID.