The iCloud Drive was first launched alongside the iOS 8. It is a cloud storage space provided by Apple so that their users can manage their documents across their Apple device and iCloud. The iCloud Drive subscription plans ranges from free to a monthly fee of $19.99 per month for 1TB of free storage.
What do you require to use the iCloud Drive:
- First, you need to have an apple device running iOS 8 Firmware and above.
- You can then proceed to Toggle On the iCloud app on your Apple Device by going to your Apple device’s Settings and you can have this option Toggled Off if you do not wish to sync your iCloud Drive with your Apple Device. A Toggle On indication would appear green next to the iCloud Option.
- When you have created the Apple ID, use that to perform a iCloud Login on iCloud’s webpage – www.iCloud.com.
- Remember iCloud is also a desktop application you can use on your desktop – your Mac or your PC. For Mac, it has to run the OS X Yosemite and for your PC, it has to run Windows 7 or later.
Latest Features you can use on iCloud Drive:
- You can also safely store your iWork like your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kind of document on your iCloud.
- Then, those iWork documents can be easily access on your Apple devices like your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch, or your desktops – Mac or PC.
- To simply upload files to your iCloud, drag them across to your iCloud Drive folder on your desktop applications. Or you can even start a new iWork document on your Apple devices and they will be automatically saved via iCloud and you can access them via any of your devices or desktops that are synced.
- Mentioned above is that when you make a new iWork file in any of your synced devices, it will appear on all your synced devices. Well, the same goes to the fact that you can edit that particular iWork file on any of your synced devices even on your iCloud application on your desktop.
Remember, the latest features of the iCloud drive enables you to use this application on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, your Mac and your desktop. Use iCloud drive to never lose your important documents.