For using iCloud services and other additional Apple services, you need an iCloud account or ‘Apple ID’ as a whole. All you need is an Apple device i.e. iPhone, iPad or iPod with iOS 5 or later. It doesn’t matter whether you have MobileMe account or any other accounts, the thing is you just need a verified Apple account. If you do not know how to create iCloud account, then here are the process for iCloud sign up.
Steps To Create iCloud Account:
- Tap the ‘Settings’ icon from the home screen.
- Tap ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ in order to create your account.
- Again, tap ‘Add Account..’ that you will find within ‘Accounts’ section.
- Choose iCloud from the options like iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, GMail, Yahoo!, AoL and Hotmail.
- Then tap the “Get a Free Apple ID” tab.
- Enter your ‘birth-date’. Remember that your real date of birth is used to determine suitable service retrieve the password if you forget it.
- Then hit the ‘Next’ button from the top right corner.
- Type in your First and Last name on their respective fields. Tap ‘Next’.
- Now you can either choose to use your current iCloud email address or create a new one by tapping on ‘Get a free iCloud email address’. Remember that, if you chose to get a new email address, then this will be used as your new iCloud Apple ID.
- Next step that you have to perform is to create a password. Re-enter the password on the ‘Verify’ field to confirm it.
- Answer the three security questions. You can change the question just by tapping on the right arrow to Continue.
- As a optional question, you are asked to enter a rescue email address.
- If you want Email Updates, then you can just tap the toggle to set it ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’.
- Review the new Apple ID and hit the “Agree” in the rightmost bottom corner for iCloud Sign up.
Note: You need a verified email address linked with your @me.com or @mac.com Apple ID to set up iCloud. To add a verified email address, go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), sign in with your @me.com or @mac.com email address, and add a valid email address to your already existing account.
After you are done with the above steps, you will get your own new iCloud account. Next time, do not forget to use the new Apple ID for iCloud Login. Basically, you can use this iCloud account to use any Apple services.