iCloud is a cloud storage space that allows you to store contacts, calendars, photos, music, books, apps and more. iCloud is a free cloud storage space although you can pay to increase the cloud storage space. You would have to authorize the upload sync which will happen automatically between your iOS devices and iCloud. iCloud can be accessed on the web browser on www.icloud.com. However, there is also the desktop application of iCloud you can use. iCloud for Windows is a free application you can download to your PC.
How to Download iCloud for Windows?
- On your PC, open your web browser which can be either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- You can run any browser that is installed on your PC. Just make sure you have a working internet connection.
- Then, in the address bar, type in iCloud for Windows and hit Enter.
- This will automatically cause the search engine associated with your browser to search.
- Now, a whole list for downloading iCloud for Windows will appear. You can do so on such sites like softonic.com or filehippo.com.
- Please remember that the download of iCloud for windows is free. If you are asked for credit card details then it is probably an internet scam.
- Or you can go directly to this link – https://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html. Just scroll a little on that page to get to the ‘Download Now’ link.
- Click on the ‘Download Now‘ link to continue.
- You have to make sure you select the correct language first. The option is located on the left corner of your screen.
- iCloud for Windows is available in 27 different International languages.
- Click on ‘Download‘ to continue and this will prompt an automatic download.
- It will take some time to download the iCloud app on Windows as it is 70 MB in size.
- When it has finished installing, click on its .exe (executable file) to run an installation. When your installation is complete, run the iCloud program.
How to Setup iCloud for Windows?
- Make sure iCloud for PC is running.
- Make sure you have an Apple ID or an iCloud Login.
- Type in your email address and password of your iCloud Login and click on the Sign In button. This will be prompted automatically when you run the iCloud for PC.
- When your iCloud Login details match, you will be asked to select the iCloud services you wish to activate. Select the iCloud Services you wish to enable and click Apply.
- When you enable iCloud for PC, you will be enabling automatic downloads to iCloud.
- This new changes will create new files and folders. They will appear on all your synced iOS devices and iCloud for PC.
Once you have downloaded your iCloud for PC and learn to use it more efficiently, you can add more features to it. One big step you can take is downloading the iCloud Control Panel which will allow more control of iCloud.