Apple ID is like a master key to unlock all the services offered by Apple including App Store, Apple Music, iPay, iCloud, etc. All your important information is secured by Apple ID password. So you have to make sure that you have a strong login password and you change it on a daily basis to keep your account safe.
Make a habit of changing your Apple ID password once a week, twice a month, once a month or something like that. Just don’t use the same password for ages. If you think someone knows your password, then you need to change your password immediately before they are able to make changes to your account.
Steps To Change Apple ID Password
- Go to the web address appleid.apple.com/.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password on their respective fields.
- Hit Enter or click arrow to login to your Apple account.
- You will be re-directed to “Manage your Apple ID” page.
- Now click on Change Password… link under Security.
- A pop-up box of security questions will open. Answer your security questions to verify your identity before making certain changes to your account.
- Now enter your current password.
- Choose a new password in the next field. Re-enter your new password for confirmation.
- Finally click Change Password in order to change apple id password. Congratulations! You have successfully changed your Apple ID password.
- Next time when you are logging in to your Apple account, use your new updated login password.
Please take a look at the above screenshot to know how you can create a very strong password for your Apple ID.
If you want to reset your forgotten password and not change it, then go to this link http://www.icloudlogins.net/reset-apple-id-password/
iCloud password is a key to your iCloud account. Your log in credentials i.e. your email address and your password are needed for iCloud account sign in. It is very important that you keep your password very safe and secure. One of the best ways to to do that is to change iCloud password in frequent basis (weekly, monthly, bi-monthly). Other thing that you can do is set your iCloud password very strong. Please just avoid the common lame, over-used passwords for your own good.
If you want to change iCloud password but do not know how, then we are going to discuss on that very topic in this article.
Procedures to Change iCloud Password (Mac/Desktop) :
- From a browser (Safari,Chrome,Firefox), go to web address ‘icloud.com’.
- Log in to your iCloud account using your registered email address and password.
- Now click on ‘Settings’ icon.
- Now click on Manage link under Apple ID.
- You have to re-login from Manage your Apple ID page.
- Click on Change Password…
- In order to proceed, you need to first answer your security questions. This is required to verify your identity.
- If you answered your security questions correctly, then you will be asked to choose a new password.
- Enter a new password on the first field, then re-enter the same password on the other.
- After you are done, click on Reset Password link to change iCloud password.
Congratulations! Your iCloud login password has been changed successfully. Please do remember that resetting your iCloud password and changing your iCloud password means two totally different things. Resetting password is done if you can’t access your account i.e. if you forget your password. To change iCloud password generally means you change you existing password after you sign in to your account.
If you have any questions or queries, then please feel free to leave your queries on the comment box below.
The iCloud is one of the best cloud backup and online storage service provided by Apple to all its users.It offers lots of wonderful features to its users. You can store your photos, music, iWork documents, contacts, etc in the cloud and access it from any apple device you are using with your iCloud account. For one reason or another, you might want to change your iCloud account which you will learn about how to change iCloud account in this article.
There are two methods on how to change iCloud account; from iOS devices or from your ccomputer.
The following steps will guide you on how to manage iCloud account in iOS (ipad,iPhone):
- Go to settings in your device.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Click on red “Delete account” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Your device will have to delete all photos to delete your icloud account. Tap “Delete” to continue.
- Then, you will be asked whether you’d want to keep iCloud data on your device. Select the option you want.
- Tap on “iCloud” again.
- Add your new iCloud sign in credentials and tap blue “Sign in” option. You will have to enter your new Apple ID and password you’d want to use as your iCloud account.
- You will be asked whether you’d want to merge your contacts, Safari data on your device into your new iCloud account. Click the choice you want to make.
- Next, in this ‘how to change icloud account’ article, if you want to use the function “Find my iPhone” when your device is lost, click “OK” when you are asked whether or not you’d want to allow icloud to use your device’s Location Services.
The steps below will help you on how to change iCloud account from your computer:
- Open your iCloud Control Panel and select “Sign Out”. You can find iCloud under “System Preferences” on Mac while on PC; you will have to download iCloud Control Panel from Apple’s Support Page.
- Then, you just need to enter your new Apple ID you’d want to use as your new the iCloud account in the Apple ID input field. After that, enter your password.
- Finally, click “Sign In” and you will be able to use your new iCloud account in your device.
After a certain time, the session time will run out. In that case, you have to try again later. Refresh the page and try signing in later.
Please note that you might be required to verify your email address before you can start using your new Apple ID.