The iCloud is one of the best cloud backup and online storage service provided by Apple to all its users.It offers lots of wonderful features to its users. You can store your photos, music, iWork documents, contacts, etc in the cloud and access it from any apple device you are using with your iCloud account. For one reason or another, you might want to change your iCloud account which you will learn about how to change iCloud account in this article.
There are two methods on how to change iCloud account; from iOS devices or from your ccomputer.
- Method One
The following steps will guide you on how to manage iCloud account in iOS (ipad,iPhone):
- Go to settings in your device.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Click on red “Delete account” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Your device will have to delete all photos to delete your icloud account. Tap “Delete” to continue.
- Then, you will be asked whether you’d want to keep iCloud data on your device. Select the option you want.
- Tap on “iCloud” again.
- Add your new iCloud sign in credentials and tap blue “Sign in” option. You will have to enter your new Apple ID and password you’d want to use as your iCloud account.
- You will be asked whether you’d want to merge your contacts, Safari data on your device into your new iCloud account. Click the choice you want to make.
- Next, in this ‘how to change icloud account’ article, if you want to use the function “Find my iPhone” when your device is lost, click “OK” when you are asked whether or not you’d want to allow icloud to use your device’s Location Services.
- Method Two
The steps below will help you on how to change iCloud account from your computer:
- Open your iCloud Control Panel and select “Sign Out”. You can find iCloud under “System Preferences” on Mac while on PC; you will have to download iCloud Control Panel from Apple’s Support Page.
- Then, you just need to enter your new Apple ID you’d want to use as your new the iCloud account in the Apple ID input field. After that, enter your password.
- Finally, click “Sign In” and you will be able to use your new iCloud account in your device.
After a certain time, the session time will run out. In that case, you have to try again later. Refresh the page and try signing in later.
Please note that you might be required to verify your email address before you can start using your new Apple ID.