iCloud password is a key to your iCloud account. Your log in credentials i.e. your email address and your password are needed for iCloud account sign in. It is very important that you keep your password very safe and secure. One of the best ways to to do that is to change iCloud password in frequent basis (weekly, monthly, bi-monthly). Other thing that you can do is set your iCloud password very strong. Please just avoid the common lame, over-used passwords for your own good.
If you want to change iCloud password but do not know how, then we are going to discuss on that very topic in this article.
Procedures to Change iCloud Password (Mac/Desktop) :
- From a browser (Safari,Chrome,Firefox), go to web address ‘icloud.com’.
- Log in to your iCloud account using your registered email address and password.
- Now click on ‘Settings’ icon.
- Now click on Manage link under Apple ID.
- You have to re-login from Manage your Apple ID page.
- Click on Change Password…
- In order to proceed, you need to first answer your security questions. This is required to verify your identity.
- If you answered your security questions correctly, then you will be asked to choose a new password.
- Enter a new password on the first field, then re-enter the same password on the other.
- After you are done, click on Reset Password link to change iCloud password.
Congratulations! Your iCloud login password has been changed successfully. Please do remember that resetting your iCloud password and changing your iCloud password means two totally different things. Resetting password is done if you can’t access your account i.e. if you forget your password. To change iCloud password generally means you change you existing password after you sign in to your account.
If you have any questions or queries, then please feel free to leave your queries on the comment box below.