Your Apple ID is like a master key to use all the Apple services such as Drive, iTunes, App Store, Mail, iMessage, etc. Apple ID is where all you important account details such as contact, security questions are stored. You can also add payment information for buying music, apps , within your Apple ID. The whole idea of having Apple ID is to use the same account for all your Apple device and services so that you can sync all your data everywhere and access from anywhere.
People forget their login password all the time. At that time people gets frustrated and panic without even knowing that there is a solution to this. Apple has a way to reset Apple id password so that you can recover your forgotten password.
How To Reset Apple ID Password From Website On Mac or PC
- Open whichever web browser you like such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox , etc.
- Go to iCloud official website www.icloud.com
- Then click on Forgot Apple ID or password? link from the iCloud login section.
- This will re-direct you to iforgot.apple.com. You can directly enter the URL and land to this page.
- Enter your Apple ID where it says email@example.com.
- On the other field, type in the characters in the image. If you cannot figure out the characters, you can click on New Code or listen to the code.
- Click Continue after you are done.
- Now select what information you want to reset; password or security questions. Select Password and Continue.
- Select how you want to reset your password. There are 2 ways to do that i.e. by getting an email or by answering security questions that you set during Apple id sign up.
- If you select ‘Get an email’, log in to your email, check for the e-mail from iCloud. Click on Reset now > link. Then set a new password.
- If you select ‘Answer security questions’, first verify your date of birth. Then answer to security questions you chose during iCloud account sign up. If you answer both of the questions correctly, you will be asked to set a new password.
If you have iOS 10 or Mac OS Later Version
- Open Safari and go to iforgot.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID and press Next button at the top right hand side of the page.
- Now enter your phone number that you are using right now. Apple will send you verification code. Enter the code that you just received and then you are all set to go.
How To Set A Strong Password For Apple ID
- Do not use password that has already been using for your Apple ID before.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long. More lengthier your password, harder it is to crack.
- Avoid using common password such as asdf, qwert, 1234, iloveyou. These passwords are easy to guess and crack.
- Come up with something unique that you can remember at the same time.
- Make a good use of number, special characters (@,*,!) , upper lower cases in your password.
Why So Many Steps To Reset Apple ID Password ?
You must be wondering why on earth there are so many steps to recover your Apple ID password. That is because Apple is securing your account and preventing from any other unauthorised person to try and reset your password.
When you sign up for a new Apple ID, you get an authorisation code in your mobile number. That is extra layer of security to your Apple account. Your Apple ID and e-mail address is not enough to reset your apple id password. You have to identify yourself as authorised person of the account by answering to the security questions.
Security questions that you set and answer during sign up process is to make sure that you and only you are the one to know the answer to that questions. Two-Factor verification is another step that you have to go through if are trying to sign in from a rather different device other that you normally use to sign in to your Apple ID. However you can make that browser or device a trusted browser too if you want to. So basically it is for you account safety that your iCloud account hack won’t occur.