iCloud is a cloud storage service offered by Apple to its user. It allows you to store contacts, photos, iWork documents, music, and lot more in the cloud and access it from any Apple device you are using. This means iCloud can be used from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS version 5 or later, or from Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.4 or later. iCloud enables its users to automatically back up the content stored on your device so that it is easily accessible for any device linked to your Apple ID. This iCloud article will guide you through how to set up iCloud mobile on your iPhone.
How to set up iCloud mobile on your iPhone
- Upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5 as iCloud storage service is offered free to all iOS 5 users.
- Slide the “Slide to set up” button after iOS 5 first starts.
- Enter your Apple ID when asked.
- Then, enter your associated password in the given field.
- Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the page.
- Set the toggle to “ON” on the iCloud set up which will automatically set up and turn on your iCloud mobile services associated with your Apple ID.
- Finally, tap “Next” and you’ve successfully set up iCloud mobile.
If you’ve iOS 5 in your iPhone, then follow these steps to set up iCloud on your iPhone.
- On your home screen, tap the “Settings” button.
- Scroll down and tap “iCloud”.
- Now, touch “Account”.
- Next, in the iCloud mobile set up process, you’ll need to type in your Apple ID and associated password in the provided fields.
- Tap on “Done” to submit.
- Then, you can choose the applications you want backed up to iCloud by simply hitting the switch so that it says “ON” for each application you want to include.
- Finally, you can enjoy your iCloud service on your device.