iCloud email is a free e-mail account that you get when you create a new Apple ID or iCloud account. If your icloud id is username, then your iCloud mail will be email@example.com. Even if you create iCloud with your existing email address such as (@gmail.com, @hotmail.com), your iCloud mail address will end with @icloud.com.
So if you are wondering how to use sign in to your iCloud account for the first time from your Apple device and use iCloud email, then we will be covering that part in this article.
Steps for iCloud Mail Login
- Connect your Apple device (iPhone, iPad) with available Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on Settings icon. Then tap on iCloud from the left tab.
- You will see iCloud login box with empty fields for Apple ID and Password.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password in their corresponding fields. Then tap on Sign In button.
- A pop up box will appearing saying if you would like to merge your contacts and reminders with iCloud. And permission to use location of your device. Choose as per your need.
- If both the login details are correct, sign in process will be successful.
The above steps are about signing in to your iCloud account and using the same iCloud e-mail account for sending and receiving email messages. But what if you want to use other e-mail client such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc?
- For that, tap on Mail icon first. Then you can see the list of email services like iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo!, AoL and Hotmail.
- If you want to log in with email account that is not on this list , then you can tap on Other.
- After you tap on whichever email you want to use, enter your Name, full email address. firstname.lastname@example.org in case of AoL account, email@example.com in case of Gmail etc.
- Enter password of the email account and add description, then finally tap on Next.
- Tap on Save. Now you are ready to use Mail on your Apple device.
How To Use iCloud Mail Properly ?
Once the iCloud mail login process is successful, you can change change some iCloud mail settings and make some tweaks here and there if you want to. Tap on Settings icon, then tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then under Mail title, you will see lots of options and settings. You can change the preview design, how you want to organise your mails, change Signature (by default sent from my iPad) to anything you want.
How To Send, Receive mails on iCloud Email?
- Tap on Mail icon that you can see at the bottom of your Apple device.
- Choose Inbox() from the top left hand side to see all the inbox messages and check your icloud emails.
- In order to create and send e-mail message, tap on compose icon at the top right hand side. ‘New Message’ page will open.
- Enter the e-mail address that you are going to send an email to. Type in the Subject of your email if you want o.
- Write your message on the blank field. If you want to insert photo or video, then tap and hold for a second. Then tap on “Insert Photo or Video”. Then choose from your iPad. Then tap Use.
- After that, tap on Send icon at the top right hand side of the page.
If you still have any question and queries regarding iCloud mail login and anything related to icloud, then refer to other articles from our website. You can even post your problems on the comment box below.