iCloud keychain uses your email and passwords of Safari websites and other information like credit card information, Wi-Fi network up to date for accessing all approved devices which are using iOS 7.0.3 or later or OS v10.9 or other upgraded version.
iCloud keychain also saves your account Mail, contacts, messages and calendars up to date and access information. When you connect social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or any other similar accounts on OS X Mavericks then iCloud automatically connects all those account to your Mac device.
iCloud keychain automatically saves passwords and all credit card information but only to those account you approve. If you want iCloud keychain to use in other additional device, then you receive a notification request to approve for other additional devices. Once, you approve then it automatically starts updating on the devices you choose.
For setting up iCloud keychain iOs 7.0.3 for these steps:
- Go to settings and go to icloud and turn keychain on.
- Follow on screen instruction to complete setup.
For setting up on OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:
- Go to apple Menu and click system properties then click on iCloud.
- Select keychain.
- Set a password to unlock screen after sleep which is optional.
- Enter you Apple ID and password.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on screen.
For setting up additional devices to use iCloud Keychain, follow the iCloud keychain setup steps which are given above. If you want to enable keychain on other devices, all your desired devices uses key chain receive a message requesting approval for the additional devices. Once, you approve, then you are ready to use and automatically it begins updating all your information on the devices you choose.
When you want to turn off iCloud keychain for a device, simple you can go for it but when you turn off iCloud keychain, you would be asked to remove or keep the passwords and credit cards information that you saved earlier. If you choose not to delete data, it won’t be deleted when made changes on other additional devices.
iCloud keychain basically stores credit card numbers and expiration dates. It won’t store your credit card security code.
For allowing websites that safari won’t allow to access you can follow these steps, if you are using iOS 7.0.3 or later:
- Go to setting and safari and then click on Passwords & Auto-fill.
- Turn on Always Allow, for using this feature you should have a passcode lock on you device.
For Macs that are using OS X Mavericks v10.0 or later for the steps below:
- Go to Safari and properties.
- Click on Passwords.
- Select on allow auto-fill, to use this feature, you must set a screen lock on you Mac.
If you don’t want to use, it’s very easy to remove icloud keychain, you’ll be able to remove it from apple’s server by:
- Go to settings and iCloud and Account then turn off “approve with security code”.
- Go to every device, you are using iCloud keychain and turn iCloud key chain off individually.