Lost your Apple device? No problem. iCloud Find feature lets you track down your lost or misplaced device from anywhere you want. If you have misplaced or lost your device, then first make sure that Find My Phone is set up on the device that you want to locate. Another thing is the iOS device has to be in online, connected to WiFi or awake.
After you make sure that those two things are checked, then you can use iCloud find feature. If you have iCloud Family Sharing setup, then you can even locate a family member’s device. So how to use iCloud find feature from your desktop, laptop or Mac?
- From your web browser, go to the web address icloud.com.
- Now log in to your iCloud account.
- Click on Find iPhone icon.
- Click All Devices from the top of the page. The green dot on the side means the device’s online. You can see the latest time it was located, if you can locate the device. If more than one device is connected with the same iCloud account, then you can see the list of devices in the drop-down menu.
- A grey dot means it’s offline. However if it was recently online, you can see the last online time. If it has been 24 hours offline, you see “Offline”.
- Choose the device that you want to locate. If the device is online, you can see the exact location on the map. If iCloud Find can’t track your device, select “Notify me when found” to get an email when it appears online.
- You can see the battery status of your online phone. You can even play sound even if it’s on silent if your phone is nearby. You can zoom in, zoom out, drag the map and update the map by clicking on refresh icon. Change the map view from satellite, standard and hybrid from the rightmost bottom of the map.
- Lost Mode will help you enter an optional number. This number will be shown to your lost iPhone so that if anyone finds your phone, then you can call you can give your phone back if they are HONEST.
- Erase iPhone is important if your iPhone is lost and you have important data on your iPhone. All your content and settings will be deleted.