How to use your own @icoud.com email address might be a question to many of the iCloud users. It depends on when you created your iCloud Account and by that your iCloud email address and aliases might end with @icloud.com or me.com or even @mac.com depending upon the time period you created your iCloud account. You can choose any address to send an email from. Whichever email you choose to receive that are sent to you @me.com, @icloud.com or @mac.com, you will be receiving in your iCloud inbox. There are lots you can do with iCloud email services.
Here are some simple and easy steps provided for you on how to use iCloud email address and send email from your @iCloud.com address :
1. For that you have to open mail and start composing a new email.
Users with only an @icloud.com email address then your address is automatically displayed in “Cc/Bcc From” field or on “From” pop up menu.
If users have multiple email address like @icloud.com, @mac.com and other alias the it is compulsory to select your @icloud.com address.
2. After your are done doing that, finish composing and send that message.
It is also possible to make an @icloud.com your default sending and receiving address. For making it default address on iOS devices, make sure you have iOS 6 or later and follow the instruction;
1. Go to setting and find iCloud and there you can see Account then tap Mail under Advanced.
2. Now tap on email address, under your iCloud Account Information.
3. Among the list of address available, select @icloud.com email address that you are interested to use as the default for sending and receiving mail from iCloud Mail.
On OS X v10.7.2 or later :
1. Go to mail and preferences and then click Composing.
2. Now click on “Send new message from” and select @iCloud.com email address that you desire to use.
1. Choose preferences from pop up menu in sidebar on iCloud Mail.
2. Click on Composing.
3. Select @icloud.com address that you are interested to use from “Set as default address” pop up menu on the sidebar.
For using it on Outlook you should have at least Outlook 2007 or later version.
Outlook 2007: Go on tools and find account settings then select the email tab, now select your @icloud.com email address from the list. Now all you have to do is “Set as default“.
Outlook 2010 and outlook 2013: Choose files and go to Info, there is Account Setting and now select the Email tab now select your @icloud.com email address from the list and make sure you clicked on “Set as default”