Please do not get confused with the iCloud account and iCloud email address. You need to create a new iCloud email address to be able to use iCloud mail service and be able to send and receive e-mail messages. Your iCloud account and address is only for the service of iCloud i.e. to create backup, use iTunes, use all the iCloud services. If your iCloud account is for example firstname.lastname@example.org, then your iCloud email address must end with @icloud.com.
If you are using your iCloud account from PC and then you are trying to use iCloud Mail without knowing that you need to first turn on Mail in your iCloud settings and create your own iCloud email address, then you will see the message which is shown below.
Create iCloud Email Address
- In order to do that, first of all go to the Settings menu with gear icon.
- Then go to iCloud. Turn on Mail option.
- From the pop-up box, tap on Create button.
- Now choose a unique username for your new iCloud email address. Please remember that you cannot change your iCloud email address after creating it. So choose wisely. Then tap Next.
- Confirm your new email address by tapping Done button.
- That’s it! You have successfully created your new iCloud email address. You can now go to Mail. Start composing e-mail message and receive emails. Your friends will receive email from email@example.com you send them an e-mail.
- You can even create iCloud email alias easily if you want to.
After you have successfully created an iCloud email address and turn on Mail option from iCloud Setting from your Apple device, you can go to Mail option from your PC and see the iCloud mail interface just like any other webmail service such as Gmail, Outlook, etc.
Any iCloud users can now log in to iCloud mail and use it send, receive e-mail messages. If you have any questions and queries regarding iCloud mail, how to use it , then please refer to other related articles from our website or post questions in the comment section.