ICloud Drive is iCloud’s file hosting service for devices running iOS 8, OS X Yosemite (version 10.10), windows 7 or later version than that. It offers the service where you can store various photos, videos, documents, music and other data on iCloud. You can store data in one device and edit file from other device. You are provided with 5 GB storage for free by the service. However, you can subscribe a monthly subscription to get more storage space up to 1 TB.
ICloud drive is available in web browser. Follow the process below for iCloud drive login :
- Open your web browser and go to the web link icloud.com.
- Sign in into the site using your Apple ID and password.
- In the newly opened page click on “iCloud drive”.
If you want to know more on icloud drive login sign in, then you can follow the link http://www.icloudlogins.net/icloud-login/. After signing in, you are able to manage your files. You can edit your files from here. All the change that you make in your file from here, are applied to all other devices.
To upgrade iCloud on Mac, follow the process below:-
- Go to System Preferences and access to iCloud and then iCloud Drive.
To use the service in your iPhone or iPad, you will first need to upgrade it. To update it follow the procedure below:-
- Go to “Setting” and access to “iCloud” and then iCloud drive.
- Now go to the option “Upgrade to iCloud Drive” in your screen.
ICloud drive offers the well managed service on Windows and Mac, but there is still some problems in iPhone or iPad as the mobile application for iCloud drive is still unavailable. So, to use the iCloud drive in iPhone or iPad you can follow the instruction explained below:-
- Download the the iCloud Opener application from the App Store for your iPhone or iPad. The application helps you to browse the files of your the iCloud Drive. ICloud Opener provides the facility to edit your files in iCloud Drive.
ICloud drive is very beneficial especially for the office works. You can begin your work in one device, store the file in the iCloud and then finish the work from another device at any time you want.