icloud.com/find can be used for various purposes such as locating your Apple device, activate Lost mode in case you can’t find them, or to remove your device from Find My iPhone.
Using icloud.com/find, you can find the approximate location of your Apple devices. You can locate your device if:
- The device you want to locate has Find my iPhone set up.
- The iOS/Mac device is online, or is awake and in range of a WiFi network
To locate your device:
- First, open one of your Internet browsers.
- Type in icloud.com/find in the address bar and press the enter key.
- Then, enter your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud), and the password in the respective fields, and click the Go button (the right arrow button beside Password field).
- After that, click ‘All Devices’ option. In the list, the dot next to the device indicates its status: Green for online and Gray for offline.
- Select the device you want to locate.
If ‘Family Sharing’ is activated, you family member’s devices will appear below their names.
- If the device is online with a green dot, its approximate location is shown on the map.
If you can’t find your iDevice, you can use Lost Mode right away from icloud.com/find to lock it with a passcode, display a custom message on the screen, and to keep track of its location
To use Lost mode:
- From our Internet browser, go to ‘icloud.com/find’.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
- Click ‘All Devices’, then select the device you want to track or lock.
If you have Family Sharing activated, you family member’s devices will appear below their names.
- Click ‘Lost Mode’, or ‘Lock’ option.
- Then, follow the instructions to complete the Lost Mode.
To remove Apple device on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone:
- Turn off the device you want to remove from Find My iPhone.
- On another computer, open a web browser and go to ‘icloud.com/find’
- Then, use your Apple ID and Password to sign in.
- Click ‘All Devices’ option, then select the offline device and click ‘Remove from Account’ option. In case you don’t find the ‘Remove from Account’ option, click ‘All Devices’ again, and click the ‘Delete’ button next to the device.