iCloud backup is a backup method for specially for iOS users. It provides an easy backup solution for the customers who want to backup their Apple devices wirelessly. Initially, every Apple ID owner gets 5 GB of storage capacity. If anyone is willing to pay more, then they can upgrade their iCloud storage for more backup space.
Using this iCloud backup, you can create a back up to iCloud, restore from an iCloud backup, use iTunes to backup and others. You will be able to create a backup without tethering your computer. iOS device backup includes data which are stored in your device excluding contacts, calendars, notes, mail messages, bookmarks, etc. iCloud backup is made for all the Apple users. iCloud backup storage is best suited for those Apple users who don’t own a Mac or a PC. If you want iCloud to create your backups automatically rather than manually, if you don’t don’t connect your iOS device to a Mac frequently, then the best choice for you would be iCloud Backup.
Create iCloud Backup Via iPhone :
- Tap Settings icon.
- Go to iCloud.
- Tap Backup. If you are using iOS 7 or earlier version, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
- Make sure iCloud Backup toggle is on. If not then, tap on that to turn on.
- Tap Backup Up Now from the bottom.
These are the steps for creating iCloud backup. But how about restoring your iOS device to resolve all the issues?
Restore from iCloud Backup :
- Go through iCloud Setup Assistant.
- There are 3 options to choose from : Set Up as New iPhone, Restore from iCloud Backup and Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Then select a backup.
Another way to do it i.e. restore from iCloud backup are :
- Connect iOS device to a computer with your backup in it.
- Download or install the latest version of iTunes.
- Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.
You can even use iTunes as a backup method to restore your content from iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. As mentioned earlier, you can always upgrade your iCloud storage. iCloud storage cost for up-gradation varies from country to country.