Apple has announced the new app called Clips. It was unveiled alongside a range of new products including a red iPhone 7, cheaper iPad and larger iPhone SE to little fanfare. Apple’s Clips is a new iOS app for making and sharing fun videos which you can make even more interesting with text , effects, graphics, etc. Creating your own video clip is simple. You can just record it on the spot or you can even choose a previously recorded video from your gallery.
The officials from Apple has said that Clips will be available on the App Store for free for every users from April 2017, and will be compatible with the iPhone 5s and later models, plus a number of iPad models. Clips includes similar features and filters included in apps like Snapchat, Instagram and Prisma and allows users to share videos directly to their social networking accounts like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo.
Live Titles lets you easily create animated captions — just by talking as you record. Choose from a large collection of styles, all perfectly timed to the sound of your voice. Its like a combination of Vine and Dubsmash but in a good way.
Let’s see how this new Apple’s Clips does in this competitive market where these multi-functional video sharing apps are being introduced every other month. Apple , however is doing something different here combining all the good things from all the other popular apps such as Instagram photo sharing ability, prisma’s editing, dubsmash recording function, snapchat’s story creating quality and others.
Codenamed Monarch, iOS 9 is the latest update to Apple’s mobile operating system. The news was released during the Worldwide developers conference 2015. iOS 9 is only available to developers for now. Those interested developers can head to beta.apple.com to sign up. Not to worry, a public beta will release soon in July.
What devices will iOS 9 support will probably be the most asked. For iPhone, iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s and iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. iPad 2, 3 and 4 and iPad Air and iPad Air 2 will be supported. The 5th generation of iPod Touch is also supported. However, iOS 9’s multitasking feature will be limited to newer devices.
Features Included in the new iOS 9 Update:
- You will get a Search Option in your settings. This will help those users to get to that Option immediately.
- Siri is now available in a British Accent. No, this is not asking Siri to look out for a British accent. She will be turning British in the latest update.
- Siri will be in silent mode along with you. That means she will respond in text responses. This will help if you are in places like the Movies or a Library.
- The Low Power Mode is a beauty. During the Worldwide developers conference, engineers explained how it will work. You can disable motion effects and animated wallpapers. Or stop background app refresh. Then, enable your Mail to fetch from Push. This will increase your battery life by that few extra hours.
- With a Bluetooth Keyboard and iPad, you can now do more. You can now quickly switch between apps on your iPad. This will be enabled by the Command-Tab switcher. For their apps, developers can build custom keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts can be built by the usage of command, option, or control keys.
- Finally, there is a physical app for your iCloud drive in your Apple devices. The app will be hidden but you can unhide it in iOS 9. You can do so by turning it on in iCloud’s settings.
- Andriod Switching is so much easier. With the Move to iOS app, transfer all your data easily. Now, Andriod switchers have one less trouble on their hands.
- Passcodes are six digits now. This is response to the security flaws of the previous system. So, at some point, users will have to switch to using it. Or else, they will be locked out of their own devices.
- Get phone calls and texts to preferred devices. This ability will enable you to block calls to your iPad. Or text messages to your desktop. Then, you can completely block or turn off certain machines.
- Apple Pay gets activated by double pressing the Home button. This will prevent accidental credit card popups which can happen. This will help to stop any unnecessary interaction with an NFC unit. It is so because this unit could be unequipped with Apple Pay.
These are some of the features that will be with iOS 9. However, there is more to be revealed. Public update and download for iOS9 beta is to be out soon. If you are not ready for iOS9, there is the iOS 8.3. You can read about it in this link – http://www.icloudlogins.net/new-ios-8-3/.
iO8 codenamed Okemo is your iOS firmware version and is the latest update until now since June, 2014. It has had four updates to the iOS 8 version since then. The 1st update is iOS 8.1 codenamed Taos, the 2nd update is iOS 8.2 codenamed Zurs and currently runs in a beta version. The 3rd update is iOS 8.3 codenamed Stowe and is also now in beta and the latest and the fourth update iOS 8.4 is codename Copper which is undergoing the testing phase at Apple Inc. Apple has added
Apple has added new features to this iOS Firmware version as it now have new apps like Continuity, QuickType, Extensibility, Health, Family Sharing and the iCloud Drive with major improvements for Photos, Messages, Spotlight, and more. Updating to iOS 8 is also necessary if you want to use the latest features of the iCloud Drive as it only allows this version to upgrade to iCloud Drive. Basically, updating to iOS 8 can be done in two ways.
How To Update to iOS 8 wirelessly with an Internet Connection?
- Before you start your update to iOS 8, make sure that these few things are in order.
- You must have backed up your iOS devices to iCloud. Backing up your files to iCloud does not take long. This is because an iOS update will wipe all your files that you hold on your iOS devices.
- Second, you have a good working internet connection and that you are not connected to the internet via your phone’s hotspot.
- Also, make sure that you have some good amount of free space left on your Apple device as the iOS update would require you to download the iOS firmware version before you can install it into your device.
- When the above three steps are cleared, plug in your Apple device to a power outlet because you won’t know when the iOS 8 update will finish and if your phone switches off during the update, it would need to be restarted again.
ios8 software update install
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update on your iOS device which will open the download window for the latest iOS software that your iOS devices can be updated to.
- To continue your ‘How to update to iOS 8’ step, you would need to tap on the ‘Download and Install‘ option.
- Tap Install and then you would need to enter your passcode of your iOS device.
- Sometimes, how to update to iOS 8 can be prevented if the VPN or proxy connections as your ISP can block the iOS update servers.
- In such case, you can use iTunes to update your iOS version.
How to update to iOS 8 using iTunes?
- First and foremost make sure you are using the latest version of the iTunes. If you are not, update your iTunes app on your PC or Mac.
- Run the iTunes app and connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- Select your device on the iTunes Panel.
- The summary pane will be displayed on your iTunes. There, you can simply click on the ‘Check for Update’.
- If your iOS device can be updated to the latest iOS update, an update will be automatically recognized and a pop-up window will appear.
- Click on the Download and Update button and agree to all terms or conditions that Apple would ask you in that step.
- Lastly, enter your passcode on your phone to unlock and continue the update.
- Please be reminded that you do not in any way remove the connection between your iOS device and iTunes during your iOS 8 update. This is to make sure that your update goes smoothly.
Basically, there are two ways on how to update to iOS 8 can be achieved. Both are very simple and does not take a lot of effort to carry out as it is not rocket science. However. make sure that all the precautionary measures are taken before you go on ahead with the steps on to update to iOS 8.