iCloud is your free cloud storage system that Apple Inc provides their consumers of their Apple products. iCloud basically allows users to store their files online. The iCloud can be accessed using Apple devices using iOS Firmware versions 5 and above. For Mac users, they need to be using Mac running OS X v10.7.4 or above and Windows users need to have Windows 7 or higher to use the cloud services of iCloud.com.
iCloud Login Page for your Desktop:
- To access iCloud services, one must have an Apple ID which is already activated and is connected to the iCloud services on their iOS devices.
- If that above step is affirmative, then on your web browser icloud.com and press the enter key on your keyboard to load iCloud.com.
- Without any other further steps you need to partake on your part, the iCloud homepage is the iCloud Login Page. There, you only need to perform a iCloud Login to proceed.
- For a iCloud Login, enter the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your Apple ID and your password to continue.
- Click Enter for icloud login. Ticking Keep me signed in box saves your password on your computer. If you are using a shared computer (cafe, school) do not tick the box.
iCloud Login Page for your iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPhone Touch)
- Remember that you can toggle between automatically syncing your iOS device with your iCloud account.
- For that you would have to ‘On’ the switch on your iOS device on which is located next to the iCloud Icon located in the Settings of your iOS device.
- This will thus synced all your data from your iOS device to your iCloud once you have connected your iOS device to a working internet connection.
- However, you have to note that the iCloud Login page cannot be access from your iOS device as it simply a website that only your desktop can access.
What is Apple Pay?
- Apple Pay is a mobile payment system develop by the Apple Inc that was released in 2014 and Apple Pay lets their users make payments through their digitalized wallet. Apple Pay is mostly compatible with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Pay is only partially compatible with your iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3.
What is Google Wallet?
- Google Wallet is a mobile payment system developed by Google in 2011 and Google Wallet is an easy way to pay, purchase and save. Google Wallet allows their users to store information of their debit card, credit card, loyalty card and gift card and many other things to their Google Wallet. Google Wallet runs on NFC (Near Field Communication)-enabled phone which runs on Andriod 2.3 or higher and iPhone with version iOS 6 or higher.
Apple Pay Vs Google Wallet – The Pros & The Cons
- Pros: Apple Pay is easily accessible with the finger-print scanner and it does not require the screen to be unlocked to be used. Processing payments and purchases with Apple Pay is faster. Google Wallet is compatible with more devices and will work with any debit or credit card that the user of the Google Wallet will hold.
- Cons: Since, Apple Pay is a recently developed app; it is compatible with the recent Apple devices like the iPhone 6 or higher. You can only make payments of purchases with affiliated debit or credit card. Google Wallet has a slower processing time as it takes a longer time. For instance, you need to enter your Pin to access Google Wallet to make your payments.
So when you put Apple Pay Vs Google Wallet, processing time of Apple Pay is quicker but Google Wallet runs on more types of phones and does not have a limit of the type of debit or credit card it can use to make payments.
Apple Pay Vs Google Wallet – Similarities:
- Both will work with any online vendor like amazon.com, ebay, walmart.com,etc.
- As long as the store accepts mobile payments, that both the apps will work without a glitch.
- Both apps with use their phone’s camera to scan in their debit or credit card details which is really convenient and easy to use.
Apple Pay Vs Google Wallet – Security and Privacy:
- Apple Pay’s Security and Privacy – A unique device account code will be assigned to your iPhone’s chipset for every card number you assign to Apple Pay’s app. No transmission of your debit or credit card’s number will be made to a merchant. If you lose your iPhone, then Apple Pay will automatically suspend itself. Your transactions will sadly not be stored to your Apple Pay.
- Your Google Wallet’s will always be safely stored in secure servers so you will not have to worry about theft or leakage of your information. 100% of your all verified unauthorized transactions will be covered in the US. Since, your Google Wallet will be monitored 24/7, you don’t have to worry of fraud or unauthorized activity. You can easily disable your Google Wallet from the Internet if you lose your phone.
When comparing your Apple Pay Vs Google Wallet for security and privacy, both digitized wallet system is secure and safe to use and the services of both is impeccable.
If accidentally, the icloud contacts are deleted or lost from your Apple device, then you do not have to worry. You can easily restore contacts from iCloud if they are all synced in your iCloud account.
How to restore contacts from icloud to your iPhone or iPad?
Sometimes, you know you can accidentally erase important contacts from your Apple devices but if you use iCloud, there is no need to fret. iCloud is simply the free cloud storage space provided by Apple Inc to all its users and if you happen to be a user of the iCloud, then your contacts can be restored from iCloud easily.
- On your Apple device (iPhone or iPad), go to the Settings option of your Apple Device.
- Then, click on the iCloud icon to start your restore contacts from iCloud.
- Within that, the Contact Option will appear. If the Option is already ‘On’, turn it ‘Off’ and turn it ‘On’ again.
- Doing that step will trigger your Apple Device to restore contacts from iCloud automatically. Just make sure you are logged in to your Apple ID.
- During your restore contacts from iCloud, choose the ‘Delete from My iPhone’ Option when you are asked what you would like to do with your existing contacts.
- Choose to Merge Contacts when you are asked while you restore contacts from iCloud.
- Please remember doing this takes time and patience for the whole process to complete. Do not switch off your Apple Device or stop the sync midway during this procedure of restoring your contacts from the iCloud.
- You can verify if all your contacts have been restored from iCloud by launching the Contacts App on your Apple Device.