iCloud is the free cloud storage service provided by Apple Inc. With iCloud, you can store your files online and make sure it never gets lost. With iCloud, you get to keep an online backed up database of your pictures but make sure to note that that database will get deleted after 30 days. However, files like your contacts will never get deleted so if you lose your phone, your contacts will remain with your iCloud account on iCloud’s remote server. To use all the services of iCloud, you would have to create an account with iCloud. You can use iCloud on your desktop, iPhones and iPads.
How to use iCloud services by creating an iCloud Account:
- To start using iCloud services, make sure you own the following; an iPhone or an iPad.
- Then, on your device, make sure you are connected to a working internet network.
- Next, go to the Settings option of your device and tap on the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendar’ Option.
- Tap on the ‘Add Account’ option and within that add account page, tap ‘icloud’.
- Select the ‘Get a Free Apple ID’ button and follow the procedures that are given to create your new iCloud account.
- Enter your date of birth, then your first and last name and then choose between using your current email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a creating a free iCloud email address.
- With that final step, you are already to start using your iCloud account.
With an iCloud account, you can do the following:
- Backup your mail, contacts and special events on your iCloud calendar.
- Backup images which does not get delete for the first 30 days.
- You can also store your presentations, spread sheets and PDFs from your desktop to your phone and tablet devices.
- Media files you purchased are always stored automatically to your iCloud drive of your iCloud account and you can also transfer them when you change your iCloud credentials.
In the case, you are logged out of your iCloud account, you would need to be logged in again:
- To start using your iCloud account, first type in icloud.com in the address bar of your browser.
- Then, in the Home-screen of icloud.com itself, the icloud Login screen will appear.
- First, for your icloud sign in, type in your Apple ID; email@example.com and then the password of your iCloud account.
- Then, click on the arrow button for your successful iCloud login.