The iCloud is one of the best cloud backup and online storage service provided by Apple to all its users.It offers lots of wonderful features to its users. You can store your photos, music, iWork documents, contacts, etc in the cloud and access it from any apple device you are using with your iCloud account. For one reason or another, you might want to change your iCloud account which you will learn about how to change iCloud account in this article.
There are two methods on how to change iCloud account; from iOS devices or from your ccomputer.
The following steps will guide you on how to manage iCloud account in iOS (ipad,iPhone):
- Go to settings in your device.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Click on red “Delete account” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Your device will have to delete all photos to delete your icloud account. Tap “Delete” to continue.
- Then, you will be asked whether you’d want to keep iCloud data on your device. Select the option you want.
- Tap on “iCloud” again.
- Add your new iCloud sign in credentials and tap blue “Sign in” option. You will have to enter your new Apple ID and password you’d want to use as your iCloud account.
- You will be asked whether you’d want to merge your contacts, Safari data on your device into your new iCloud account. Click the choice you want to make.
- Next, in this ‘how to change icloud account’ article, if you want to use the function “Find my iPhone” when your device is lost, click “OK” when you are asked whether or not you’d want to allow icloud to use your device’s Location Services.
The steps below will help you on how to change iCloud account from your computer:
- Open your iCloud Control Panel and select “Sign Out”. You can find iCloud under “System Preferences” on Mac while on PC; you will have to download iCloud Control Panel from Apple’s Support Page.
- Then, you just need to enter your new Apple ID you’d want to use as your new the iCloud account in the Apple ID input field. After that, enter your password.
- Finally, click “Sign In” and you will be able to use your new iCloud account in your device.
After a certain time, the session time will run out. In that case, you have to try again later. Refresh the page and try signing in later.
Please note that you might be required to verify your email address before you can start using your new Apple ID.
All the people who own apple devices will eventually need the icloud for the instant and better performance of its features. iCloud, the best online storage also synchronizes all applications through your multiple apple devices by which you can access any data available on your next devices. The apple based cloud computing feature ‘icloud’ provides almost every feature that other similar services do.
To verify icloud account, first you need to have and apple ID which you will get or create whenever you brought new apple device. Once you had an apple ID it will help you to configure all icloud based services and icloud itself. Once your icloud account is verified then icloud will automatically search for the Wi-Fi networks and update your existing application. After subscribing icloud will get many daily used application such as calendar, email client, weather etc. we can also makes the changes in applications for the future references. iCloud also contains many tracking application which will notify you if your device is stolen or misplaced somewhere.
The process to configure and verify icloud account is easy and can be done in few steps which are mentioned below :
- At fist what you need is your device that should be running on the latest version of operating system. Such as, for iOS you need IOS 6 or later version. Check and make sure you have latest version before jumping onto anything.
- On the home screen you can see the icon known as ‘settings’ available on the left hand side. Tap the application and further choose the ‘icloud’
- Now at this point it will ask you to enter your apple ID and password on the given boxes. Enter you sign in detail correctly.
- Now choose the slide bar and tap ‘icloud’ icon to makes it status ‘on’. Now your icloud is turned on.
- You can select and choose the application that you would like to sync with other devices on this step.
- Find the ‘iTunes and apps stores’ form the menu on your left hand side. You can turn on necessary updates of various applications too from here.
In order to generate an app-specific password, follow these steps :
- Go to My Apple ID.
- Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
- Select Password and Security.
- Click Generate an App-Specific Password.
The iCloud is a cloud-based storage service provided by Apple to its users. It allows you to access your data such as Mail, Contacts, Notes, iWork Documents ,etc from any apple device you are using. All you need is an icloud account for which you require an iCloud sign up.
The following easy steps will help you in iCloud sign up:
- In your device’s homepage, go to Setting app.
- Within the Settings app, you can find “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option. You just need to tap on it.
- Tap “Add account”.
- Within the add account page, tap “icloud’.
- Select the “Get a Free Apple ID” button located at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your date of birth.
- In the top right corner, tap the “Next” button.
- Then, you will have to type your first and last name.
- After that in your iCloud sign up procedure ,you will see two options:
- Use your current email address or
- Get a free iCloud email address.
If you already have an email address, you can use it as your new Apple ID.
So you got to select ‘Use your current email address’ option which you can enter in the ‘Email’ input field.
However, if you want to create a new email address as your new Apple ID, you need to tap “Get a free iCloud email address” and enter email address you want to create in the ‘Email’ input field.
- Create a password and re-enter it in the ‘Verify’ input field.
- Select ‘Next’ in the upper right corner.
- Then ,you will have to answer three security questions to verify your identity in case you want to make changes to your account.
- Tap “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Next thing in your icloud sign up process, you got to add your alternate email address to confirm your identity for security or to reset a forgotten password which is optional.
- Then, you can tap the toggle switch next to ’Email Updates’ so it is set to ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ if you want to stay up to date with Apple.
- Finally, select “Agree” in the bottom corner for icloud sign up and you can start using your iCloud services.
If you still any any questions or queries regarding iCloud sign up, then go to the official website i.e. icloud.com or refer to other articles from this site.